List of the study programmes in 2017-2018
The English version of this site is under construction.
The smart specialisation growth areas in Estonia have been laid down in the Estonian Research and Development and Innovation Strategy 2014-2020 “Knowledge-based Estonia” and Estonian Entrepreneurship Growth Strategy 2014-2020.
These areas are:
- information and communication technologies (ICT) related to other areas of economy (e. g. cybersecurity, software development or the use of ICT for automating industrial processes);
- health technologies and services (e. g. the use of biotechnology or IT for the development of medical services or products);
- more effective use of resources (e. g. entrepreneurs active in the areas of materials science or industry, endeavour to identify innovative construction options or seek opportunities for the more effective utilisation of oil shale in the chemical industry).
The scholarships in the smart specialisation growth areas have been established with the aim to increase the number of students graduating from university with degrees in these sectors, contribute to growth of research-intensive industry sector and support cooperation between R&D institutions and companies.
The scholarship will be available from 2015 to 2023. The budget available for the higher education scholarships amounts to 25.3 million euros and is funded by the European Regional Development Fund and Estonian government.
Only the students enrolled to the study programmes related to the smart specialisation growth areas and PhD students carrying out research in the related field can benefit from these scholarships.
Participating higher education institutions are:
- Estonian Academy of Arts (PhD only)
- Estonian Academy of Music and Theatre (PhD only)
- Estonian Business School (PhD only)
- Estonian University of Life Sciences
- Tallinn University
- Tallinn University of Technology
- Tartu Health Care College
- TTK University of Applied Sciences
- University of Tartu
The contact person in Archimedes Foundation for scholarships in the smart specialisation growth areas is Ms. Anne-Ly Võlli (email@example.com, ph +372 730 0809).