The applications which meet the criteria are assessed by the sectoral experts. Each application is assessed by at least two experts.
- Experts evaluate the applications based on the following aspects:
- Is the goal of study periods abroad clear and convincingly reasoned?
- Is the applicant motivated and worked on the application thoroughly?
- Is the work plan well elaborated, reasonable and achievable?
- How well does the university abroad chosen suit for studying in this field?
- Is the letter of recommendation relevant and convincing?
- What is the added value for Estonia arising from study periods abroad?
Allocating scholarships is decided by the experts of the program board on the basis of the given rates. The board has the right to select among the applicants who have received the equal aggregate amount. The decisions to allocate scholarships are fixed in the minutes of the board meeting. The board's meeting is final and is not subject to re-examination.
The assessment procedure takes two months from the date of the announced deadline.