The submitted applications are evaluated by academic experts in the field. Each application shall be examined by three experts.
The aspects to be evaluated in the applications are:
- the level of the previous defended thesis (as described in the attached overview);
- the relevance of the topic of the thesis;
- the achievability of the objectives set;
- the level of teaching at the selected university;
- the scientific potential of the field;
- reasonability of the costs;
- the forethought of the motivational and recommendation letters.
Before making a decision, the candidates receiving a highest grades from the experts will be interviewed. The Interviewing Committee determines among other things whether carrying out part-time studies is justified. Allocation of grants is decided with the Decree of the Minister of Education and Research.
The duration of the evaluation procedure is about two months as of the date announced as the deadline for applications. All the applicants will be informed of the result as soon as possible, the results will also be published on the website.