Submitted applications are assessed and allocation decisions are made by the selection committee. However, due to continuously increasing number of applications a technical assessment is conducted by Archimedes Foundation before the applications are handed over to the committee. Applications that are incomplete, drafted offhand, include false information, omit relevant information or have been submitted after the deadline will not be considered for assessment in the selection committee.
The scholarship can be awarded only to the citizens of the countries provided in Annex 1 and Annex 2.
In general, the applications are assessed considering the following aspects:
- thoroughness of the motivation letter and work plan;
- overall quality of application: clarity of objectives, expected results etc.
Additional criteria can be used depending on the type of the mobility:
- For exchange/credit mobility and short courses: prior academic progress of applicant and letter of interest from the host institution;
- For degree mobility: ranking of applicant in the admission records (1st year entrants) or ranking among the applicants based on average grades (2nd year students);
- For researcher mobility: the enthusiasm and support of host institution.
The scholarships are awarded based on available annual budget. Subject to budgetary constraints, the selection committee can increase or reduce the number of scholarships awarded. A list of reserve candidates may be drawn up in addition to primary selection.
Relevant data of selected applicants is communicated to the host institutions when the selection has been made by the committee. The final decision on admission is made by the host institutions. If for any reason, the applicant is not admitted by the host institution, the scholarship decision is considered void.