Guidelines of the Kristjan Jaak Scholarship for Short Study Visits (from the application round of 01.10.2020)
Please note that the following conditions have to be fulfilled before we can conclude scholarship contracts and make scholarship prepayments:
- it is possible to achieve the purpose of the study visit (the host institution is open, the study and research activity takes place abroad at the host institution);
- it is possible to travel to the destination without restrictions (the transport connections function, the borders between the point of departure and destination are open).
The subsistence grant can only be paid for the days that have been spent completing the work plan at the destination. If the period shown on the certificate of attendance that is submitted with the scholarship report is shorter than in the contract, the subsistence grant for the days missing on the certificate has to be repaid. This applies even if the study visit was cut short due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Please click here to read additional information about planning your mobility.
The scholarships for short-term study related visits abroad, including participation in conferences, working in libraries, using laboratories, development of a lecture, work with an academic supervisor, participation in continuing education courses, consultations and summer schools. Support is granted for the study visits lasting up to one month (30 days). The short study visit may not start earlier than one month after the application deadline.
Application deadlines for the academic year 2021/2022
- March 1, 2021 (visits from 01.04.2021 to 31.09.2021)
- June 1, 2021 (visits from 01.07.2021 to 30.09.2022)
- October 1, 2021 (visits from 1.11.2021 to 30.09.2022)
- December 1, 2021 (visits from 01.01.2022 to 30.09.2022)
- March 1, 2022 (visits from 01.04.2022 to 31.09.2022)
The contact person of the Kristjan Jaak scholarships for travel abroad at the Education and Youth Authority is Kadri Kaldre (e-mail: email@example.com, ph. +372 6 999 397).