Dora Plus is an Estonian government programme that is initiated with the aim to improve the Estonia's visibility and attractiveness as a destination for studying and research. The programme will be implemented from 2015 to 2023 with the support of EU Regional Development Fund.
The specific objectives of the programme are the following:
- to improve the awareness of young researchers and Master’s students of diverse teaching and research practices, and encourage their involvement in international cooperation projects (Action 1);
- to increase the number of international Master’s and PhD students in Estonian universities (Actions 2 & 4);
- to improve the completion rates of doctoral studies (Actions 1 & 2);
- to expand the proficiency of Estonian higher education institutions to enroll international students (Actions 2-4);
- to raise the demand for international graduates among the employers and thus support the economic growth (Action 4); and
- to strengthen the compliance of doctoral studies in Estonian universities with the principles of innovative doctoral studies (Actions 1-4).
Dora Plus encompasses four actions:
Action 1: Study and research-related outgoing mobility
Scholarships to the young researchers and Master’s students from Estonian higher education institutions for participating in the research conferences, seminars, courses or other professionally relevant activities abroad.
Action 2: Study and research-related incoming mobility
Scholarships to the international MA and PhD students for study visits and full-time studies in the Estonian higher education institutions.
Action 3: Organisation of summer and winter schools
Support to the Estonian higher education institutions for the organisation of intensive, short-term courses for international study groups.
Action 4: Marketing of study and employment opportunities in Estonia
International marketing of study and employment opportunities in Estonia and endorsement of Estonian employment opportunites to the international graduates.
The programme will be implemented from 1 August 2015 to 31 May 2023 with an operational budget of 22.5 million euros, of which 87% is the support from the European Regional Development Fund.
For further information, please contact:
Mrs Katrin Kiisler
Telephone: +372 730 0710