IMPORTANT: from 1 August 2020, the Kristjan Jaak scholarships are managed by the Education and Youth Board of Estonia. Please visit the webpage of the Board to find out more about these scholarships. The information on the current page is not being updated.
The applicant must submit the following documents by the deadline:
- Application, including the letter of motivation, form to be filled out at the application system;
- Overview of last thesis or latest research project (e.g. published or submitted article);
- Initial timetable for studies;
- Letter of recommendation from the last supervisor (may be submitted electronically by uploading a scanned original document into the application system);
- Letter of consent from Estonian co-supervisor (only doctoral studies)(in justified cases it is possible to apply for a scholarship without the Estonian co-supervisor);
- (a) Confirmation of admission from the university abroad, or
(b) confirmation from the university that all the documents have been submitted for admission (may be submitted electronically by uploading a scanned original document into the application system);
- Confirmation from the Estonian institution of higher education (with the signature of the head of the institute/department) or any other organization (with the signature of the CEO) stating that the organization would benefit from hiring someone with the relevant qualification
- Documents certifying the level of required tuition fee (to be uploaded to the application system).
Documents uploaded to the application system should be in the pdf-format, if possible.
The requested amounts may be adjusted by Archimedes on the basis of fixed unit costs.