IMPORTANT: from 1 August 2020, the Kristjan Jaak scholarships are managed by the Education and Youth Board of Estonia. Please visit the webpage of the Board to find out more about these scholarships. The information on the current page is not being updated.
The applicant must timely submit the following documents:
- a standard application (containing a motivation letter);
- a recommendation letter from the supervisor (for students) or from the direct manager (for lecturers/scientists);
- confirmation letter on studying/working at the Estonian higher education institution issued by the higher education institution or a confirmation of employment at an Estonian R&D institution with a confirmation of teaching (or supervising) at higher education level;
- invitation or registration confirmation of the event; a confirmation letter from the library or an extract from the homepage of the institution on opening hours; a signed invitation of the research institution;
- in the event of performing at a conference, the organizers' confirmation on the acceptance of the presentation must be provided.
All documents must be uploaded to the application system. Documents signed on paper shall be presented in scanned form.
If the aim of the study visit is to participate in a conference with a presentation, the application documents must include a confirmation that the abstract of the presentation has been accepted (e.g., a confirmation sent by the organizers by e-mail).
If you wish to visit a laboratory, meet with the supervisor or perform research, you must submit a document signed by your host or mail exchange that proves existence of agreements between the applicant and the host.
Upon submission of an application, the documents submitted must show clearly what kind of event the applicant wishes to attend and where and when it will take place. If necessary, you can submit a number of documents (e.g., registration form and a separate confirmation of the acceptance of the presentation). Please make sure that all the necessary information is attached to the application.
If the application has been approved then before signing the contract the applicant will provide confirmation of acceptance of conference presentation if it has been aim of the application and required document has not been presented along with the application.