The scholarship consists of subsistence grant (fixed amount for each month) and travel grant (fixed amount per round trip). When calculating the scholarship amount, unit prices are used, which are confirmed by the regulation of the Minister for Education and Research.
- Subsistence grant covers accommodation and subsistence costs of the grantee. Subsistence grant is paid for up to 12 months. The flow subsistence allowance unit price is set for the calendar. The grantee must stay at the university or research institution abroad during the scholarship period (except for the winter and spring breaks).
- Travel grant is paid for covering the expenses for travelling from the point of departure to the destination (to the location of the university abroad or research institution) and back. The travel grant reimbursed on the basis of unit prices contains all the travel-related costs, including transportation to the airport and from the airport to the destination and also costs related to visa.
When granting scholarship, the start and end point of the study periods abroad is deemed to be the same city. It is not possible to receive the grant for only one direction of travel. The funding includes the trips starting both from Estonia and abroad. Travel grant can be applied for maximum of two times (2 round trips a year).
- The amount of travel grant depends on the distance between the point of departure and the destination. When calculating the distance, the European Commission's web-based calculator is used http://ec.europa.eu/programmes/erasmus-plus/tools/distance_en.htm.
- If the distance between the point of departure and the destination is up to 99,99 km (inclusive), the travel expenses shall be reimbursed in the amount up to 180 euros on the basis of expense receipts.
- 14.3. If the distance between the point of departure and the destination is 100,00 km or more, the travel expenses shall be reimbursed on the basis of fixed price on the basis of the rates brought out in the following table:
|Allowance for a round-trip||Distance from city to city|
|1||EUR 180||100- 499 km|
|2||EUR 275||500- 1999 km|
|3||EUR 360||2000- 2999 km|
|4||EUR 530||3000 – 3999 km|
|5||EUR 820||4000 – 7999 km|
|6||EUR 1100||8000 km or more|
The Foundation may adjust the amounts of the applied grants if the amount in the application differs from the amount calculated based on unit prices.
It is allowed to use other sources of funds to cover the costs intended to be covered by the scholarship, if the conditions of the other sources consider it possible. Gaining or applying for additional funding must be brought out in the application. The amount of the scholarship approved by the program board cannot be increased.